Start Date: Immediate or Jan 2, 2023
End Date: June 1, 2023
Position(s) Available: 1, Montreal, Downtown office – on site
Employment Type: Contract FT
Wages: $3000 per month, paid twice monthly. Ask about our performance incentives!
Hours: 9-5 M-F. This is a sales role and will require flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Language Requirements: Fluent in written and spoken English and French. Other languages are an asset but not required: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Hindi
Learn & Earn
Unlike larger companies where processes and roles are pre-determined, at University Apartments, we jump first and build the parachute on the way down. There will be no filing, data entry, or coffee fetching. It’s a bit chaotic but we all look out for each other and there is always a helping hand when needed.
You will get to go hands-on with some pretty advanced work while learning alongside experts in their fields. Whatever career path you’re building towards, this position will give you the opportunity to try new things and level up your real-world skills. You will have the opportunity to workshop ideas in product development, software solutions architecture, process automation, construction, finance, and design. By the end of your placement, you’re going to be a Customer Journey Jedi, A Sales Flow Sorcerer, and a User Experience Expert.
Your focus will be three things: Curating Leads, Converting leads, Signing Leases.
The Challenge: Lease up to 76 student apartments, 312 bedrooms, in Montreal, in some of the most popular student neighborhoods.
Who is this role for?
We are looking for a creative, flexible, personable individual to take on this challenge with us!
Sales experience is an asset but not required. An education in marketing, business, sales, finance, or communications will set you apart but is not required. The ideal candidate has experience in a hospitality role. Maybe you’ve worked in a hotel or restaurant, or provided customer service in a student-centric environment.
We would love to work with someone who is involved in the local university community; perhaps you worked with a club, student union, faculty group, or student governance.
Above all else, you love learning and trying new things, you take pride in your work, and putting your name on something carries weight with you. We aren’t looking for perfection, far from it, but we hope that you enjoy building things that others find useful and that you appreciate how your work impacts your coworkers, your community, and your planet.
What is University Apartments?
At University Apartments, we manage beautiful and affordable student housing to ensure that students across Canada can make the most of their university experience. It’s our priority to offer the best furnished accommodations for students in our cities, with a focus on good management, convenience and safety in our buildings.
We incorporate our core values of diversity, discovery, and design in everything we do, in every student apartment we build, and in every student community we foster. We aim to support students of all backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, identities, orientations, and experiences.
Our fully furnished student apartments are tailored specifically to students’ needs, like lots of storage with individual and common study spaces. Sustainability is of utmost importance to us. We monitor the environmental impact of all of our design and construction choices.
Check us out online:
Some of the stuff that we think makes us awesome includes:
- We are a really tight-knit team that truly cares about each other and the work we do.
- We believe everyone should have the chance to grow into the role that best befits them, and that no one should be pigeon holed into any one narrative. We don’t believe that because you studied mathematics that you can’t be awesome in design, or construction management, or marketing. We want you to do what you love – and do it well.
- We are a registered BCorp: a certification for companies using business as a force for good. As a registered B Corporation, University Apartments meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Check it out : bcorporation.net
- Lease out 76 student apartments in Montreal, with help from a great team
- Meet challenging weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals for Leads and Leases
- Provide outstanding customer service by offering creative solutions to clients
- Managing brand messaging and business related communications with prospective tenants
- Participating in marketing and sales activities at in-person events in your community. You will be the face of our brand alongside your peers. We will be present at in-person events for students to build relationships and buzz for the brand
- Conducting outreach to potential tenants in online communities, by phone, email, and in person
- With the assistance of the marketing team, creating and posting online advertisements and announcements
- From lead to lease, you will guide potential tenants through the entire process of securing their home away from home.
- Beginning with general inquiries, through to video calls, hosting in-person showings, and walking them through the paperwork, you will be the voice of confidence and comfort, guiding students through the leasing process
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with prospects
- Hosting video calls and virtual tours via webcam
- Assisting applicants with the leasing process, answering questions, preparing paperwork, collecting deposits, all while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Sign leases
- Collect deposits
- Conduct background checks
- Phone references
- Provide specific, actionable feedback to your team about the process, applicants, and opportunities to improve. We want you to help us build a better leasing experience!
Closing the deal
- Conduct in-person and virtual showings of apartments, demonstrating a high level of product knowledge and customer service
- Qualify potential tenants by asking questions
- Consistently following up with leads and encouraging them to move forward with a lease
- Solving problems creatively and empathetically
- Craft and present custom incentives and promotions for your leads
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by deploying ridiculously good customer service skills
Candidates must possess the following characteristics to be successful in this role:
- Strong interpersonal skills
University Apartments is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.