Start Date: Sept 1, 2023
End Date: Sept 1, 2024
Position(s) Available: 1 position – Montreal, or St. John’s, NFLD
Employment Type: Contract FT
Wages: $3,300 per month, paid twice monthly.
Hours: 9-5 M-F.
Language Requirements: Fluent in written and spoken English – french is a plus
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to join our team for a 1-year contract. As a Marketing Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in supporting the marketing campaigns for beautiful new student apartment buildings in three major Canadian cities. With assistance from an experienced Marketing Coordinator, you will be given a wide array of responsibilities ranging from designing surveys, creating beautiful print and web graphics, reporting on campaign statistics, and managing our social media profiles. This role may also involve travel to our local markets to represent our company on university campuses.
- Asset Creation: Assist in creating and refining detailed and persuasive ad copy for new student apartments. Write copy for our website, write profiles on your fellow team members, curate photo sets, design print materials, posters, marketing email campaigns, and other marketing materials as needed. Learn how to use advanced AI editing tools in creative workflows.
- Social Media Management: Manage our social media profiles, create engaging content, monitor our messages, and be a friendly voice to students who reach out with questions.
- Lead Generation: Attend in-person activations on University Campuses to engage with students and tell them about our apartments. Assist with selecting the best locations to put up posters, set up booths, and collect survey responses.
- Campaign Analysis: Ensure we consistently have high-quality, actionable data on our marketing efforts. Provide frequent updates and feedback, analyze campaign results, and recommend how we can do better.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Previous experience or internship in marketing, lead generation, or hospitality is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate and quality work.
- Proficiency in using graphic design tools including Canva (a must), Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is a plus.
- Experience in using a marketing CRM like Hubspot and WordPress is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms and content creation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a passion for marketing and creativity.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
If you are a proactive and eager individual with a passion for marketing, lead generation, and creative content creation, we would love to have you join our team as a Junior Marketing Coordinator.
What is University Apartments?
At University Apartments, we manage beautiful and affordable student housing to ensure that students across Canada can make the most of their university experience. It’s our priority to offer the best furnished accommodations for students in our cities, with a focus on good management, convenience and safety in our buildings.
We incorporate our core values of diversity, discovery, and design in everything we do, in every student apartment we build, and in every student community we foster. We aim to support students of all backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, identities, orientations, and experiences.
Our fully furnished student apartments are tailored specifically to students’ needs, like lots of storage with individual and common study spaces. Sustainability is of utmost importance to us. We monitor the environmental impact of all of our design and construction choices.
University Apartments is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Check us out online: