Start Date: Sept 1, 2023
End Date: Sept 1, 2024
Position(s) Available: 2 positions – ideally 1x St John’s NFLD, 1x Montreal
Employment Type: Contract FT
Wages: $3, 300 per month, paid twice monthly. Ask about our performance incentives!
Hours: 9-5 M-F. This is a sales role and will require flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Language Requirements: Fluent in written and spoken English and French. Other languages are an asset but not required: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Hindi
We are seeking a motivated and customer-oriented Leasing Advisor to join our team for a 1-year contract. This job is as much detail-oriented as it is people-oriented. It will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity to sharpen your skills both in customer service and in analysis. As a Leasing Advisor, you will play a key role in assisting University Students find their home while away at school. You will help to facilitate signing new leases, ensuring applicants are a good fit, providing customer service to new applicants, and keeping the team organized throughout the process. You will be responsible for tasks such as maintaining a list of available units, engaging with students on campus, sharing insights and updates on our progress, managing our online classifieds, and ensuring a smooth transition from Applicant to Tenant.
- Classifieds Management: Manage our online ad accounts and provide assistance to applicants. Ask questions to ensure applicants are a good fit for our product. Create and constantly improve scripted responses for increased efficiency, obsessively track your results, create application forms in our CRM, Hubspot, Follow up with applicants to get the sale.
- Customer Success: Act as the primary point of contact for tenants from the start of their lease until the property management handover. Assist with tenant additions, removals, sublets, and assignments. Answer logistical questions and provide guidance to tenants regarding the next steps in their leasing process. Send confirmation emails to tenants once their lease is complete.
- Lead Generation: Attend in-person events at University Campuses to engage with students and tell them about our apartments. Follow up with those who express interest via email, phone, and SMS.
- Lead Conversion: Update and maintain templates, snippets, sequences to improve lead conversion rates. Take ownership of leasing documents to ensure accuracy, proactively follow-up with tenants to ensure they complete all required documentation, speak to students and their Guarantors over the phone to verify the accuracy of their application.
- Reporting and Analysis: Ensure our statistics are up-to-date and accurate. Provide reports on Lead Conversion numbers, Lead Generation stats, and other relevant updates to the team.
- High school diploma or equivalent; a bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus.
- Previous experience in hospitality, customer service, or property management, is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with potential tenants
- Ability to analyze data and generate accurate reports.
- Self-motivated with a customer-centric approach and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and handle various aspects of the leasing process.
- Experience with E-Signature and CRM suites is a strong asset
- Experience in using Property Management Software such as Buildium is an asset.
If you are a dedicated and driven individual with a passion for leasing, customer service, and ensuring a smooth leasing process, we welcome you to apply for the role of Leasing Advisor.
What is University Apartments?
At University Apartments, we manage beautiful and affordable student housing to ensure that students across Canada can make the most of their university experience. It’s our priority to offer the best furnished accommodations for students in our cities, with a focus on good management, convenience and safety in our buildings.
We incorporate our core values of diversity, discovery, and design in everything we do, in every student apartment we build, and in every student community we foster. We aim to support students of all backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, identities, orientations, and experiences.
Our fully furnished student apartments are tailored specifically to students’ needs, like lots of storage with individual and common study spaces. Sustainability is of utmost importance to us. We monitor the environmental impact of all of our design and construction choices.
University Apartments is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Check us out online: